Pages

Sunday 15 May 2016

Another go eh?

I know I say it every time but one day it'll stick - time to give the blog another go. Nearly a whole two years this time, possibly a new record!

I've not painted a huge amount of 40k of late, after 7th ed came out I lost all desire to play with a bloated, convoluted rule set and set about looking for alternatives. I've still got my 30k project ongoing (Calth era Word Bearers) and a possible new Space Wolf force, but my main gaining focus is Bolt Action at the moment. 

Since I've last posted the whirlwind that is Age of Sigmar has blown in and pissed a lot of people off and brought just as many people in. I've been on the sidelines and figured it was time to get involved so it was back to my Chaos forces with an Everchosen army. I've knocked up a test figure to get a rough idea of how I want them to look that I think works. 

That's about all the rambling for now, hopefully next time there may be a bit more structure. 



 

8 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back Steve, haven't lost any of your touch, he looks great, you should post some of your BA too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers fella. I've got a few ideas for Bolt Action focused posts kicking about, I may even get one done in the next week.

      Have you tried it yourself yet? Seems to be a huge scene for it down under.

      Delete
  2. I said I was happy to see this model, but I am even happier after logging into Facebook and seeing you've got this blog afloat again. I've always said you should post your models to a wider audience, and you deserve as much attention as you can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skin tone is awesome. Blogs are tricky beasts. Just concentrate on having fun, and they will flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, sorry it's taken so long to reply! I've been playing about with my skin tones of late, starting with flesh washes over a white undercoat then glazing fleshtones over the top to tint the highlights. Seems to be working so far.

      Delete
    2. That is my favorite way to paint Steve. Concentrate on the undercoat, have fun with washes and glazes till it looks right :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to have you back mate, I aspire to get my blog up to this standard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers fella. Just keep posting interesting stuff mate, people will come!

      Delete